- Letters, Letters, Letters. Send a few thoughts about your days, write a story that you remember about us or from your family or grab some markers and draw a picture. and if you send an extra envelope and you’ll get a letter back.
- Favorite Foods: Kind Bars, Hot Sauce (Cholula Chipotle Flavor is my favorite), Almond Butter
- Candy: While there is plenty of candy available here, there are some items that are not here.
- Hot tamales, Swedish Fish, twizzlers, reese’s pieces- my favorites or any organic/natural candy
- bags of individual pieces (30 count) – holiday, blow pops, add a note why it’s your favorite and I’ll share with the students.
- Candy Canes, Red Hots, Gum drops: next December, it would be fun to make a Gingerbread house with the center’s students.
- Body Care: Burt’s Bees Hand Salve,
- Random stuff: nothing to list here now.
- Your favorite local food product. Moldovans are interested in what grows in America. I’d love to have them try some of the great products that are made in the different parts of the US and/or cook something form the American “melting pot” food culture. Walnuts have been dropping here so I have been talking about the pecan trees in my yard, would love to share some Texas Pecans with my co-workers, students and host family.
- Stickers, Patches, Temporary Tattoos– I use these as prizes for Bingo during English Hour.
- Children’s books in English- the libraries here are always in need of more books. Word searches or other Word games that they can play. We make copies of the pages and share with the children as these types of books are not available here.
- Small Toys or Schwag Have any schwag or small toys that you don’t want any more, send them to me and I can use them as prizes for the attendees in any of the clubs that I run this year or when we play “bingo”, a center favorite.
- Games and Puzzles: Board games for any age or pieces of board games (We can make up games), puzzles- The children at the center love puzzles and there are only 3 available. Small sets that they can complete in 30 minutes are helpful.
My mailing address :
c/o Luda Cosolean
Tudora (MD-4239), Stefan-Voda