- Letters, Letters, Letters. Send a few thoughts about your days, write a story that you remember about us or from your family or grab some markers and draw a picture.
- Photos. Its fun to show Moldovans what Americans look like and what America looks like. While I can show on the internet, its nice to “not” use my phone for communicating.
- Hot Sauce (Cholula Hot Sauce- chipotle flavor is my favorite)
- Your favorite local food product. Moldovans are interested in what grows in America. I’d love to have them try some of the great products that are made in the different parts of the US and/or cook something form the American “melting pot” food culture.
- Children’s books in English- the libraries here are always in need of more books.
- Coffee for me to give as gifts. Most Moldovans drink tea (Ceai pronounced like “Chai”); however, some drink coffee and most of it is instant. I’ll be meeting with people regularly and it would also be nice to offer a good cup of coffee.
- Random photos or paper for making cards etc. I’ve started my collection of stuff to start making cards and hope to cover some metal cans for holding things. I think that I will end up setting up a club that does some sort of art/crafting.
- Small Toys or Schwag Have any schwag or small toys that you don’t want any more, send them to me and I can use them as prizes for the attendess in any of the clubs that I run this year.
My mailing address during training:
Str. Grigore Ureche 12